All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."

— Henry Miller, Author

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Change of plan, but still on track.

After much deliberation, I decided to abandon my goal of competing in Fitness Atlantic on April 17th. While I will likely day-trip it for finals, I won't be there for the whole event. I spent a day pouting about it, but all in all, it's just the best thing for me to do. I have a lot going on over the next couple of weeks and not only will the stress be insurmountable, but now I've learned that the financial requirements are also out of this world. I just have to put my priorities in check! In doing so, I've decided that the Jay Cutler on May 2nd will be my first competition rather than my second. 

I'm sad that I won't be sharing the stage with all of my Savage homies, but all is well. I'll just share the stage with them a couple weeks later. No biggie. SO onward and outward! I have a few more weeks to prep and I have to say, I don't mind at all. Tomorrow morning, I'm gonna wake up and head to Sunday Session with my new (but preexisting) goal date in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment