All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."

— Henry Miller, Author

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Woop woop! October!

September was fantastical magical mystical and so far, October has been 10x better. I haven't quite gotten the hang of blogging, funny that I used to love posting about anything and everything every day of the week in my 2 former blogs.

A lot of things have gone on for me this month. First off, I chose a show date for my first figure show. My first show will be Fitness Atlantic in April of 2010 and I can't freaking wait!!! It's the perfect time too, being just after my birthday and obviously my favorite time of year for that reason. I've also been right on point with my mini-goal of becoming more involved in my goal by making it to savage Sunday Sessions every week, making my check-ins, and mingling with other "Savage Sisters". I'll tell you what, it really does make all the difference in the world. It's really hard to look to the people closest in your life for motivation when they don't have the same goals. While I wont' blame this on my lack of adherence to the road paved to my goals in the past, I can honestly say that it is a factor. What's more, is that even if you can get past the fact that the people nearest to you aren't on the same track, having NO ONE around that IS on the same track is more detrimental. For example (and I'm sure we all know someone like this) everyone I know that has successfully quit smoking has had to stop hanging around smokers. The point of this is that I'm really glad that I finally met Cathy and that I've been meeting more and more Savage Girls through Sunday Sessions. I plan to continue active participation in all things Savage Fitness in the days to come. It truly has been the missing link in my progress.

As far as my progress goes, I refuse to use a scale and haven't measured my bf%. The remarks that I'm hearing about how well I'm shaping up as the wobbly bits melt away let me know things are coming together just fine. I'd like to say that "I can tell by the way my clothes fit" but the only clothes I wear are gym clothes and scrubs. Oh, but I will say that my scrub tops are getting a little snug. "How is this good?" Well, it's in my back. I've been working my back a little extra as I can  (because the un-assisted pull up still eludes me) and now when I'm at work and go to lift somebody or do anything where my lats spread, my top pulls tighter across my back. I'm okay with that.

I'm also noticing marked strength gains. This is good, and always be true if I made a habit of noting how much weight I'm lifting. This is a habit that I welcome. I can't wait to see how I turn out at the end of the month.

So, I look forward to finishing out the month harder than I went into it so that I can blast through November with even greater force. I'll attempt to post more frequently, but I make no promises....

No comments:

Post a Comment