All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."

— Henry Miller, Author

Sunday, November 29, 2009

highlights from Thanksgiving......

Sweet Moses what a horrible day!

Life really sucks when PMS falls on a holiday. A holiday that you didn't want to parttake in, but got bamboozled into HOSTING. A holiday that was dropped in your lap with the expectation of pulling it all together.

Okay, long story short I ran my sister off because after she showed up to my house 3-4 hours late (leaving me to do 3-4 hours of cooking alone...... did I mention that I wanted no part in Thanksgiving) camping out on my couch trying to take a nap @ noon and continue to leave me alone in the production of this feast. Came into my kitchen grabbing at food, leaving banana peels and other food garbage on my coffee table. The coffee table that I had just cleaned because these people (my family) were coming over. I'm sorry, what? This is not the Holiday Inn, and my big comfy couch is not your nap-ground.

She finally got sick of my bitching and left, which made for a more quiet evening.

Thanksgiving FOOD!

As I said, I didn't want to participate this year, but I did. This year I had to make regular nasty food for my mother and those that wanted "traditional" artery clogging trough-worthy slop, and hearty, healthy, renditions of said classics for myself. As I posted on facebook "my sister scoffed at my oatmeal and cranberry stuffing and I told her 'that's why my ass is shrinking and yours is expanding'".

I made a regular pumpkin pie, and a heathier version made with fresh pumpkin, greek yogurt, and fat free sugar free vanilla pudding. When it came time for dessert we all tried both pies. My ADORABLE little clone of a son says "um Mommy, I don't like the regular one. Can I have another piece of the healthy one?"

He ate 3 pieces and I TOTALLY let him. Kudos to him for being able to stomach greek yogurt at age 7 because as an adult, I cringe when I eat it.

Thanksgiving was no match for me. Christmas dinner better watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment