All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."

— Henry Miller, Author

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NOVEMBER

I've spotted a trouble area that I have to figure a way through this month; one week before my period I don't feel like going to the gym. I just don't I missed 2 days in October for this reason. I thought I had prepared myself for this, but I guess not. I don't know what to do! But I'll see if I can figure somethign out before that time comes around again.

In other news, I'm so psyched for this month.One of my friends joined the Hot for the Holidays program so we're acting as each other support during the day at work, which is great. She kept me from diving face first into a bowl of mini snickers yesterday, though I did enjoy just one. I really want to stay on point with my nutrition this month since last month wasn't the best. My food choices weren't bad, but I had trouble eating enough and eating on time. Yesterday was great, so if that's any indicator of the rest of the month, I think I'm in good shape.

Speaking of shape, I'm shaping up nicely. I've made the most progress on my upper body, which is great as it probably needed the most work. My back has gotten significantly stronger (won't be long before I can finally do a friggin pullup) as well as my bi's tri's and shoulders. This month I plan to focus extra on my 'trunk', that is my back chest and abs.

I'm beginning to really see that what has kept me from my goals is nothing more than myself. I thought that my body was getting old and wasn't responding as quickly as it once did to exercise. NOPE, wrong. I was just fucking lazy. Now that my nutrition and training are consistent, I'm noticing gains that are happening as quickly as they ever did. Oh, and as far cardiovascular goes, 3 months ago, my heart rate would hit 95% like nothing. Now, I have to work my ass off to even get it to 85%. This is another goal for the month: stepping up my cardio and making sure to hit my high intensity days. Part of this plan includes QUITTING SMOKING!

Yes, I smoke. In partial defense, I have cut down in the past months, I smoke about 4-5 cigarettes a day, primarily at work. I'm going to start wearing the patch at work to get me through all those cravings I have after being in that stressful place. I don't want to smoke and I'm ready to actively pursue quitting.

Sooooo big things this month. Very exciting. I'll try to post more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment