All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."

— Henry Miller, Author

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Looking ahead

Thinking about what lies ahead of me in December on makes me very excited. I'm walking into it 10 pounds lighter, physically stronger, existentially content, and ready to tackle the next few months with full force.

When I first started this journey, part of me looked at it as "getting back to where I used to be", but as I progress I'm learning that I'm taking myself to such a different place. Thinking back on it now, it is totally wrong for me to try to go where I've already been. What the hell kind of shit is that? There's nothing new where I've been. Nothing forgotten that I need to go back and grab. All I need is my face forward and my feet on the ground, and THAT is not something to be found in the past.

December marks what is to me the closing in on my goals. The next few months will be non-stop action on many planes. I'm studying for my nursing boards as well as my CPT. There's Christmas and New Years, Girls Weekend in NY and Camp Savage in Jan. Actually TAKING my boards and CPT in Feb, as well as fulfilling other travel obligations. BIRTHDAYS GALORE in March (including mine, my son's, my mother's, my brother's) Then April marks showtime! There's apparently an NPC show in April as well which will push my goal date up by 3 weeks in order to make it there. These next 5 months are gonna fly by and I can't wait to get crackin'. I'm hoping that all of these things keep me busy enough over the course of time that I don't focus so much on my end goal, but rather have a focused awareness on everything that I'm doing to get there.

I've pushed the distractions and the negativity to the side, and have cleared the road in order to find my path to success. I'll bring stories of the latest and greatest as they develop.....

No comments:

Post a Comment