All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."

— Henry Miller, Author

Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Back on my Grind, RAWRRRR"

...was my answer when someone asked me "what are you doing up this early?"

Well, I'm getting there. Getting up at 4:30 this morning and shooting straight out of bed and into the kitchen was a major accomplishment, let me tell you. It's so funny that the saying "if you don't use it, you lose it" applies all across the board, even when it comes to physical energy. Yesterday I treated myself to some new workout gear for my new beginning and new goals... I bought a few qt outfits too, however I refused to buy anything in a larger size. I bought flowing summer skirts and boho type attire; you know, the kind that drapes and you can still buy in a smaller size than you should and look okay... The in between clothes, when you don't want to go to a bigger size, but you really should so you'll just suck it up and wear less form fitting clothes in the interim.

But that's alright, in a few weeks time, those clothes will fit like they're supposed to and I'll be back in best "ass jeans" like I was once before. :)

While I was on BB.com the other day, I was scoping around for pics of my favorite fitness ladies to set as a desktop background and screen saver. I've long been a devoted worshiper of Monica Brant and still love her to absolute death, but as her career focus has shifted and she's no longer all over the place, I need a new hero and some new pics to stare at to make me say RAWR I WANNA LIFT SOME HEAVY SHIT TODAY... He's my new fave, and current desktop background

Her physique is top notch and I just love her olive skin and exotic features. I don't know if she's mixed, but in my mind she is. She's my mulatto iron warrior hero and right now, nothing anybody says can change that.

So along with new pictures of hot chicks floating around, I've also joined the Nike+ nation... I got one of those wristband thingies... you know... those things. I'm going to start running again and to avoid injury, I'll need to monitor my distance. After my first knee sprain, I didn't run for some years and then decided to give it a go. My first run in like 2.5 years was great, I logged 4 miles and felt like I could go for more... Until the next day when that shin splint set in. I waited a couple days and set out again even though I wasn't fully healed, thus keeping up my stride by compensating with the other leg... BOOM fucked up the other leg too. It took forever to heal because I just couldn't sit my ass down.

This time I'm gonna do it right. I'm going to follow a gradual running schedule beginning with a run/walk for distance 1-2 days a week coupled and sprint and hill work 1-2 times a week as part of my cardio regimen. I'll also add some shin work on alternate days as part of my strength training. I'll still use the elliptical and stepmill and other equipment for cardio, but no treadmill. All running will be outdoors because well, it's just so much cooler. Not to mention the fact that I have a running buddy. :)

I'm still working on some mini-goals to keep me going along the way. I'll be sure to post those as they're decided upon....

Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment