All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."

— Henry Miller, Author

Monday, June 13, 2011

WOW

Can't believe it's been so long since I last posted. As expected, 2011 has brought many new twists and turns that I can only describe as both frightening and exciting. Such a deviation from my lame day to day life has elicited some drastic emotional responses and rather thoughtless behaviors, thus bringing about further dramatic response. It's almost like everything is brand new and I have to learn everything all over again.

The same holds true for my goals. Considering my injury history, I've decided not to pursue competing as my primary goal. The stress of the training and my own stubbornness have proven to be an evil combination.

-This does NOT mean that I don't want to compete or will never do so-

It will just no longer be my primary goal. Instead, I will plan for mini-goals, each one focusing on the improvement on some particular area of physical shortcomings. Mostly relating to increasing strength and endurance WITHOUT injuring myself.... I will accomplish this by creating very precise plans toward such with a "plan B" (that doesn't involve taking 6 months off from the gym to booze it up and eat like a fat hoe in the interim).... Gosh.... 6 months.... Really? Did I really just do that?

I'm ashamed and my frigging clothes don't fit. That's what I get. I knew that would be the outcome..... But now here we are, getting back on the wagon. I'm in a new place, literally and figuratively, and I've got nothing to do but move forward.

Here's to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment