All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."

— Henry Miller, Author

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New ideas!

I SOSOSOSO killed it yesterday in the gym. I did something new for my chest which was doing 11 bench press sets; pyramiding up and then dropsetting the last 5 sets. I started with 100lbs and by the last set I could BARELY finish 15 reps using just the bar. I mean I had to have my spotter pick the bar up off of my chest.. That's how bad it was. I tried to bang out some pushups after that but um.. ended up on the floor.

I've decided that I need to change things up. I have to try to make the gym exciting again! It seems that I've just kind of gotten bored with the lifting schemes that I've been using, and considering the fact that I'm "coming back" to the gym, I have to do something different than what I was doing before. Considering that I've identified this as the case, I think it would be a great idea for me to plan ahead to be able to tackle this, as it will no doubt happen in the future.

My gym boycott has no doubt taken a toll on my strength, which I don't like one bit, but to some degree, I have to accept. That's fine. I'm accepting the fact that if I want to get my strength back to or surpass where it was, I'm going to have to amp up my training. In order to do this (and to keep things interesting) I'm going to change things up in my workouts by incorporating techniques such as pyramid sets, dropsets, GVT, 21's (for muscle groups other than biceps), and thinking a little outside the box in other ways. What's left for this week? Taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment