All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."

— Henry Miller, Author

Monday, April 19, 2010

Still counting down

I'm just shy of 9 weeks until the Miami show and I don't know how I feel. Not in a bad way though. I'm trying to think ahead and make sure that I'm prepared and in doing so, I've set a simple goal for myself. That goal is to hit my workouts 100% this week, and my nutrition at 80% or better. I'm also changing the way I mentally visualize my week. Since my checkins are on Thursdays I've decided to make that the start of my week and to be honest, I don't know why I haven't been doing that all along. I have to say, being able to better keep track of what I'm doing excites me. Also, weekends should be easier to tackle if they are considered midweek as opposed to weekend, don't you think?

So far, this week is going great. I'm ahead in my cardio, right on track with my strength training sessions, and I have gym dates lined up throughout the rest of the week. Last thing on my list is yoga. I want to get back into the routine of going 2-3 times a week but last week that didn't quite go over well. This week I'm scheduling it in my calender and not budging it. There is such a noticeable difference in my training when I regularly practice yoga. Not to mention it just makes me feel great!

So onward I tread through this week, looking to hit my goals and to actually CHECK IN when it's time for me to. Can't wait to move on to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment